Last Service Release for BlockSim 1.0/1.5
This version has been retired. If you are considering an upgrade, click 'Features' in the menu above to review the new and enhanced features in the latest version or contact ReliaSoft for information on affordable upgrade pricing. If you need to download the last free service release or the last full product installation for the retired version, use the links below.
Last Compile Release Version:
Build Date: 11-Apr-2002
Download the Last Service Release
If you are a licensed user of this version and have a previous compile release version (CRV) installed, you can use the appropriate link below to download the last free Service Release.
IMPORTANT: If the CRV already installed on your computer is 1.5.1, you can use the following Service Release. If your current CRV is 1.0.X, you must use the full installation.
- Last Service Release - BlockSim 1.5 (887 KB)
Download the Full Installation
If you are a licensed user of this version and have lost or misplaced your media, you can use the appropriate link below to download the last full product installation at no cost to you from ReliaSoft's Online Store.
Modifications and Enhancements:
The modifications/enhancements for each service release are described next. This information is also available in the ReadMe file that is installed with the software. The most recent service release (build) contains all previous modifications.
- Resolved issues on some international versions of Windows with saving files and with the User Setup preferences.
- Modified the spreadsheet sort functionality to correctly sort numerical values transferred from simulation results.
- Added FRED reports, which can be generated from the maintainability simulation results in the diagrams. The FRED report commands have been added to the File menu.
- Added ability to plot availability vs. time and static reliability importance.
- Added sort, insert and delete functionalities to Spreadsheets. These options are available from the Spreadsheet shortcut menu.
- Added ability to choose to display simulation results in the Results Panel or in the Print Preview window. These options are available from the Tools menu.
- Added new command buttons to Template Preview window.
- Changed Setup page of the Reliability and Maintainability Simulation window to allow you to specify the exact numbers of simulations to be performed or to specify the standard deviation for a key simulation result.
- Added mean availability standard deviation, MTTF, PM down time and point availability and reliability results to the Results Panel.
- Added ability to specify margins for the diagram in the Diagram Page Setup window.
- Added zoom and navigation options in the Print Preview window.
- Resolved the intermittent issue with Builds 1.0.10 and 1.0.11 that disabled the ability to import a Diagram when the Project Explorer window is not displayed.
- Added full support for Weibull++ version 6 in the Compute Distribution option (Block Properties Failure and Repair pages) and the Represent Diagram as Distribution option (Block Properties Other page).
- Resolved the issue with Build 1.0.10 when calculating results based on a Diagram Sheet that contains Subdiagram block(s).
- Added the ability to define blocks with failure characteristics obtained from the PRISM application. The Import PRISM Components command has been added to the Template menu.
- Added the ability to define a negative log mean for the lognormal distribution in the Block Properties window.
- Resolved the issue with the Block Properties window's pdf Plot display when using the exponential distribution and "Mean Time" is defined as the exponential parameter.
- Resolved minor issues with some international versions of Windows such as Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Resolved the issue with saving files over a network when the destination drive has not been mapped to the user's computer.
- Added MTTFF (Mean-Time-To-First-Failure) for the Maintainability/Availability Simulation.
- Resolved the issue with the Added Logistic Time for Repair when a component does not continue to operate when the system is down.
- Resolved the intermittent issue with Diagrams in which the number of required paths defined for a Node is equal to the number of available paths (e.g., 3-out-of-3).
- Resolved the minor issue with evaluation licenses in international settings.
- Resolved the issue with the Simulation tool when a subdiagram component is defined with a repair distribution.
- Resolved the issue with the Template Panel display when the required font is not properly installed on the user's computer.
- Resolved the issue with sending a Report Work Center document to another word processor.
- Resolved the issue with opening Plot Sheets when other windows within BlockSim are maximized.
- Initial Release.