BlockSim: System Reliability and Maintainability Analysis Software Tool
The ultimate system visualization and analysis toolTM
ReliaSoft’s BlockSim software tool provides a comprehensive platform for system reliability, availability, maintainability and related analyses.
The software offers a sophisticated graphical interface that allows
you to model the simplest or most complex systems and processes using
(RBDs) or fault tree analysis (FTA) — or a combination of both approaches! Markov diagrams are also available (if supported by your license).
BlockSim supports an extensive array of reliability block diagram (RBD) configurations and fault tree analysis (FTA) gates and events, including advanced capabilities to model complex configurations, load sharing, standby redundancy, phases and duty cycles. Using exact computations and/or discrete event simulation, BlockSim facilitates a wide variety of analyses for both repairable and non-repairable systems. This includes:
- System Reliability Analysis
- Identification of Critical Components (Reliability Importance Measures)
- Optimum Reliability Allocation
- System Maintainability Analysis (Determine Optimum Preventive Maintenance Intervals, Spare Parts Provisions, etc.)
- System Availability Analysis (Calculate Uptime, Downtime, Availability, etc.)
- Throughput Calculation (Identify Bottlenecks, Estimate Production Capacity, etc.)
- Life Cycle Cost Estimation
With integration into the Synthesis Platform, analyses are now stored in a centralized database that supports simultaneous access by multiple users and shares relevant reliability information between Synthesis-enabled software tools. For enterprise-level repositories, both Microsoft SQL Server® and Oracle® are supported.
ReliaSoft offers a three-day training course that addresses the topic of system reliability, maintainability and related analyses using a reliability block diagram (RBD) or fault tree analysis (FTA) approach. By combining a solid theoretical foundation with practical application examples and hands-on training on the use of the BlockSim software tool, this course will give you the knowledge and skills you will need to successfully apply these important reliability techniques.
The BlockSim software provides an extensive array of tools to help you model and analyze systems and/or processes. Some of the potential applications and benefits for using reliability block diagrams (RBDs), fault tree analysis (FTA) and ReliaSoft's BlockSim software include:
- Identify critical components (or failure modes) and determine the most effective ways to improve system performance through design improvements and/or maintenance planning.
- Use simulation to obtain estimated performance metrics that can facilitate decision-making in a variety of areas, such as scheduling planned maintenance, planning for spares, identifying bottlenecks in production throughput and estimating life cycle costs.
- Identify vulnerabilities in a system and determine the most effective ways to reduce the risk.