What is System Maintainability Analysis?
Maintainability is defined as the probability of performing a successful repair action within a given time. In other words, maintainability measures the ease and speed with which a system can be restored to operational status after a failure occurs. This is similar to system reliability analysis except that the random variable of interest in maintainability analysis is time-to-repair rather than time-to-failure. For example, if it is said that a particular component has a 90% maintainability for one hour, this means that there is a 90% probability that the component will be repaired within an hour. When you combine system maintainability analysis with system reliability analysis, you can obtain many useful results concerning the overall performance (availability, uptime, downtime, etc.) that will help you to make decisions about the design and/or operation of a repairable system.
System Maintainability Analysis Software from ReliaSoft
ReliaSoft Corporation provides a complete array of software tools for reliability modeling and analysis. This includes the BlockSim software for system reliability, availability, maintainability and related analyses using a Reliability Block Diagram (RBD) or Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) approach.
BlockSim supports an extensive array of reliability block diagram (RBD) configurations and fault tree analysis (FTA) gates and events, including advanced capabilities to model complex configurations, load sharing, standby redundancy, phases and duty cycles. Using exact computations and/or discrete event simulation, BlockSim facilitates a wide variety of analyses for both repairable and non-repairable systems. This includes:
- System Reliability Analysis
- Identification of Critical Components (Reliability Importance Measures)
- Optimum Reliability Allocation
- System Maintainability Analysis (Determine Optimum Preventive Maintenance Intervals, Spare Parts Provisions, etc.)
- System Availability Analysis (Calculate Uptime, Downtime, Availability, etc.)
- Throughput Calculation (Identify Bottlenecks, Estimate Production Capacity, etc.)
- Life Cycle Cost Estimation
Product Info in Multiple Languages
- In English: BlockSim: System Reliability, Maintainability, Availability, Optimization, Throughput, Life Cycle Cost and Related Analyses
- En Español: BlockSim: Confiabilidad del Sistema, Mantenibilidad, Disponibilidad, Optimización, Rendimiento, Costes de Ciclos de Vida y Análisis Relacionados
- Em Português: BlockSim: Análise da Confiabilidade, Mantenabilidade, Disponibilidade, Otimização, Throughput, Life Cycle Cost e Análises Relacionadas
- En Français: BlockSim: Logiciel d'Analyse de Fiabilité, Maintenabilité, Disponibilité, Optimisation, Flux, Coût du Cycle de Vie et autres Analyses
- Auf Deutsch: BlockSim: Analysen der Systemzuverlässigkeit / Instandhaltbarkeit / Verfügbarkeit, Optimierung, Durchsatz, Lebenszykluskosten und verwandte Analysen
- 日本: BlockSim:信頼性、保全性、有効性、信頼性最適化、処理能力、資源は一、寿命サイクルコストとそれらに関連した分析
Upcoming System Maintainability Analysis Training Seminars