Two Delivery Options for Software Purchases: Box Delivery or eDelivery
When you purchase software or publications via the ReliaSoft Online Store, you have the option to download the materials from the website or to have them shipped to you via an express courier for an additional shipping charge. With eDelivery, there are no shipping charges and you may download the material as soon as your order has been processed. However, you receive the publications in electronic format (print-ready *.PDFs) instead of printed books. This page provides answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the two delivery options.
Box Delivery FAQs
How is shipping computed and how long does it take for the product to arrive?
Shipping is generally done via an express courier (such as FedEx, DHL or UPS). Depending on the items purchased and the final destination, the store automatically computes shipping costs.
- In the United States, Canada, Europe and Singapore, packages are normally delivered within 2 to 3 business days from the time we process your order.
- Shipping to other countries is done via International Priority and can be anywhere from 2 to 7 days, depending on the final destination and local custom clearance efficiency.
- Normally, the Online Store will provide you with an estimate of the shipping time.
- If you need faster service, please contact us or choose the eDelivery method instead.
What is in the Box Delivery package?
With Box Delivery, the product will arrive in its box with printed documentation and the software on a disk.
Who is responsible for Duties or Import Taxes when shipping to my country?
ReliaSoft always ships FOB (Freight on Board), which means that we are not responsible for any duties or import taxes your government may levy on goods imported into your country. ReliaSoft's Online Store shipments originate from the USA, European Union (Poland) and Singapore. Depending on your location, ReliaSoft will select the most appropriate point of origin for the shipment.
What is in an eDelivery Package?
When you purchase software via eDelivery, you will receive a link that allows you to download a self-extracting *.ZIP file that will contain the items that are in the box, but in an electronic format. In other words, in addition to the executable installation program (*.EXE), the publications will be in the form of print-ready *.PDFs.
When you purchase a book via eDelivery, you will receive a link that allows you to download a print-ready *.PDF.
How big are the files and what download speed do I need to use eDelivery?
Most of the files that are available via eDelivery are large. The size of the *.ZIP files for software products can range from 30MB to 300MB; thus a sufficiently fast Internet connection is required.
How does eDelivery work?
Orders submitted via ReliaSoft's Online Store may be processed by our offices in the U.S., European Union (Poland) and Singapore. Depending on your location, ReliaSoft will select the most appropriate office to process your order. Generally, orders received by that office before 2:00 pm are processed the same day. Otherwise, orders are processed the next business day.
Once your order has been processed:
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to download the *.ZIP or *.PDF file for the product that you purchased.
- If you ordered software, you will receive a separate e-mail with your product license key. You will need that license to activate the software.
- The download link will be active for 72 hours (3 days) after we send you the link via e-mail.
What if I have problems downloading?
First and foremost, keep in mind that we are here to help. You can contact us with any problems that you encounter and we will try to remedy the situation. Having said that, we'll try to address some common issues that you may encounter.
- Download stopped: You can try downloading the product again. Your link will be active for 72 hours and can be used multiple times.
- My link expired before I could download the product: Contact us and we can reinstate the link.
- I tried everything but can't download it. Contact us and we can provide you with alternate download methods or mail you a disk containing the pack. Note that postage and handling charges will apply. Alternatively, we can convert your order to Box Delivery.
Are there any import taxes or other taxes that apply?
In the case of eDelivery, ReliaSoft does not ship a product to you and therefore the product does not go through the normal customs clearance. It is your responsibility to adhere to any local import laws and pay any applicable tax.