Easy to Build System Configurations
All the Tools You Need to Build Simple or Complex System Configurations
The first step in performing a standards based reliability prediction analysis is to build a configuration that represents your system. Lambda Predict makes it easy to build system configurations by adding blocks and components into a flexible hierarchical tree structure. The building blocks for your system configurations include:
- Blocks represent groups of blocks or components in the next lower level of the system hierarchy. This allows you to build multi-level system configurations with an unlimited number of indenture levels and an unlimited number of items per level.
- Components represent individual items (such as fuses, capacitors, valves, springs, etc.) with configurable properties that are determined based on the selected reliability prediction standard.
- External Components allow you to include the failure rates for parts that are not addressed in the selected reliability prediction standard.
- Linked Blocks represent the characteristics of other blocks or components. This provides another way to incorporate components that were analyzed with another standard and also allows you to update identical parts with a single action.
- Special Blocks/Assemblies have been designed to meet the specific analysis requirements for each particular standard. For example, you can take advantage of predefined pump, motor and other assemblies for NSWC analyses. For MIL-217 analyses, the software provides special blocks to represent hybrid microcircuits or different PCB interconnection methods such as plated through holes or surface mount technologies.
By default, the software assumes a series configuration of the components but the Redundancy option makes it possible to define simple parallel or k-out-of-n configurations.
The Update Children feature makes it easy to change an application property for a block (e.g., temperature) and automatically update all of the items below. You have the option to make the settings identical or increment each item's setting by the same amount.
Different Views to Facilitate Data Entry and Decision-Making
Lambda Predict offers four different "Views" of the analysis data and makes it easy to switch between views depending on the task that you are performing.
- The Tree View organizes item properties into a hierarchical structure, which makes it easy to view and edit all of an item's properties in a single display.
- The Tab View organizes item properties on separate tabs (e.g., General, Physical, Application, etc.), which may feel more comfortable for some types of data entry.
- The Grid View can display the properties for multiple items simultaneously in a tabular grid. This can provide a fast and easy way to view and edit the settings for all of the items in a particular assembly.
- The Pi Factor View organizes item properties based on the Pi Factor(s) that they contribute to. This makes it possible to visualize and understand exactly how the settings you have defined will affect the calculated failure rate.