Flexible Tools to Build Your Reliability Predictions
Importing Parts from "Bill of Materials" (BOM) Data Files
Because we understand that importing system configuration data from an external "Bill of Materials" data file can provide a significant head-start for performing a reliability prediction analysis, Lambda Predict makes it easier than ever to import data from Microsoft Excel® or delimited text files.
Of course we still provide the flexibility to create and manage templates manually. In the Synthesis version, we’ve also improved the feature that automatically "maps" the information from your file to the data fields that are supported by the software. Either way, you can save time by reusing the same templates for any other data sets that are organized the same way.
The Synthesis version also introduces the ability to use your BOM file to automatically update the properties of components that already exist in the prediction folio and append new data.
Beyond the Basics
Lambda Predict offers several innovative features and analysis capabilities that provide convenience and/or go beyond the basic standards based reliability prediction methods.
- External Components: Use an external component to reflect the failure rate for any component that is not addressed in the reliability prediction standard you’re using.
- Linked Blocks: Use a linked block to represent the same system or assembly in more than one location within the system hierarchy. When the analysis for the original (source) system/assembly is updated, any linked blocks are updated automatically.
- Redundancy: Lambda Predict makes it easy to explore whether you can meet your MTBF/failure rate target by adding redundancy. Simply set the Redundancy property to "true," then define the parallel configuration (e.g., 2 of 3 identical components must be operating) and the mission time at which you want to calculate the failure rate.
- Adjustment Factor: Regardless of which prediction standard you are using, Lambda Predict allows you to tweak an item's calculated failure rate by a specified value. For example, if you have reason to believe that the actual failure rate of a component will be half of the rate calculated by the prediction standard, change the adjustment factor from 1 (the default) to 0.5.
- Easy Property Updates: The software provides two features that make it easy to update the properties of multiple components simultaneously. The Global Edit feature provides the flexibility to change a variety of properties for any selected components, while the Update Modes feature serves as a quick way to coordinate some of the application and physical properties that might be the same for an entire assembly.