- Information Collected: Discusses types of information we collect and includes our Children’s privacy statement.
- Use of Information Collected: Discusses how we use your information and who we share your information with.
- Choice: Discusses your privacy preferences and options to opt out, as well as your options for access to and accuracy of your information.
- Security of Collected Information: Discusses how we keep your information secure.
- Links to Other Websites: Discusses privacy concerns when visiting linked sites.
- Changes to this Policy
- Contacting Us
Our privacy practices are consistent with U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor principles: Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Access and Accuracy, Security and Oversight/Enforcement.
This policy covers all sites owned, operated and maintained by HBM Prenscia Inc. (USA) and its wholly owned subsidiaries worldwide. To view a complete list of these sites follow (click) this Sites Covered Link.
- ... complete list of covered sites
In general, you can visit our websites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers collect the domain names, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. In addition, there are portions of this website where we may need to collect personal information from you for a specific purpose. The information collected from you may include your name, address, telephone, fax number and e-mail address.
- Children’s Privacy Statement
Even though the content on our websites is appropriate for all age groups, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children. ReliaSoft is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. ReliaSoft does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target our websites, products and services to children under 13.
ReliaSoft will not sell, share or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Currently, ReliaSoft may share your information with ReliaSoft entities located in other countries, resellers and/or value-added partners in order to satisfy your business needs.
- When information is collected from you, such as your name and e-mail address, we use the personal information you provide only to respond to your inquiry or to process your request (such as to receive software evaluation copies, get product literature, register you for a course, process your order, etc.).
- We may share the personal information you provide with other ReliaSoft distributors, resellers and/or value-added partners in order to fulfill your request and/or to better serve you. Our distributors, resellers and value-added partners have similar privacy policies.
- We do not share, sell or lease personal information about you to any third-parties for their marketing use. We will release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are required by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example, to protect your account from fraud).
- Domain name information that we collect is not used to personally identify you and instead is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of our site.
ReliaSoft gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain newsletters, such as the Reliability HotWire, and other product and service information and/or announcements and ReliaSoft marketing communications. ReliaSoft marketing communications may include new product information and upcoming seminar information.
You can make your choice regarding these communications by contacting us. Please provide your name, company name, e-mail and phone number in all correspondence. We will make every effort to honor your preferences.
This option does not apply to any communications deemed necessary by us in order to better serve you, such as for the purpose of administering order completion, product support and registration, contracts and software licensing issues, product updates and/or training/seminar date changes.
- Access to Collected Information
You can update the information that you have provided to us through this website or by contacting us.
ReliaSoft is committed to protecting the information you provide to us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, ReliaSoft has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
- Credit card numbers and other sensitive information
We take extra steps to control access to and transmission of sensitive information. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes.
ReliaSoft websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave our website. ReliaSoft does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from ReliaSoft's policy. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal data you choose to give to unrelated third parties is not covered by this policy.
Last Revised: March 2009