Intelligent Features to Build Equations and Debug Flowcharts
All equation-enabled windows in RENO provide intelligent features to help you save time and avoid errors when building equations. The software also provides a powerful debugger utility that makes it easy to check for errors in the full flowchart model.
As you type, RENO automatically color-codes recognized resources, functions and operands to make it easy for you to spot potential problems such as typing errors, undefined resources or unmatched parentheses.
When you're editing an equation, the convenient Resource Preview provides a quick summary of the properties of each resource or function. If you need more information or want to change a resource, you can open the full resource properties window with the click of a button.
Function Selector and Equation Editor
Two integrated tools provide instant access to all of the building blocks that you will use in the equations for your analyses. This includes:
- Any of the user-defined resources available in the project (such as functions, variables, models, etc.).
- Built-in internal functions that instruct the software to insert specific flowchart- or simulation-related information into an equation, such as a value passed from the previous flowchart construct (in), the total number of simulations performed (sims_total), the maximum value in a table (table_max), etc. The versatile getvalue functions can pull values from variables, tables or analysis workbooks and you can also use functions that obtain specific metrics (such as failure rate or probability of failure) from a given probability distribution.
- Any of the predefined functions supported by the software, including:
- Engineering functions such as Bessel, Error functions, etc.
- Math and Trigonometry functions such as Sine, Derivative, Integral, Logarithm, etc.
- Financial functions such as Future Value, Cumulative Interest Paid, Periodic Payment for an Annuity, etc.
- Statistical functions such as the Weibull distribution, the Fisher Transformation, the Chi-Squared distribution, etc.
- Logical functions such as IF statements and TRUE/FALSE statements.
Automatic Conversion for Time Values Entered in Different Units
All Synthesis applications allow you to define conversion factors for entering time values in different units. To give just one example, within the same flowchart, you can now draw a random value based on a model that is defined in hours and another random value based on a model defined in days — the software performs the conversion automatically based on the multipliers specified within the repository.
Debugger Utility to Step Through Flowcharts
RENO includes an integrated utility to help you validate and "debug" your flowchart models. This feature allows you to move through each step in a flowchart and watch the values as each block or resource is executed. You can also watch the progress as the software automatically performs a specified number of simulations in "debug" mode.