D470 - Effective FMEA Seminar Series (D470A, D470B)
Learn Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and Facilitation
The Effective FMEA Seminar Series is composed of two course sessions, taught over five days. Although you can register for each session individually, we recommend that new students start with the full five-day package. D470A "Foundations of Effective FMEAs" is a prerequisite for D470B "FMEA Facilitation and Application Skills."
3 Days (M, T, W)
This three-day session provides an overview of the concepts and procedures for FMEA, FMECA and related analyses, with an emphasis on the use of ReliaSoft's Xfmea software for data management and reporting.
D470B - FMEA Facilitation and Application Skills (on-site only)
2 Days (Th, F)
This two-day session uses case study examples to allow attendees to practice FMEA facilitation and application skills. ReliaSoft's Xfmea software is used for data management and reporting.
Applying What You Will Learn
The Effective FMEA training seminar series presents concepts and software tools that you could use to help your organization:
- Proactively consider potential failures, prioritize issues based on risk and then initiate improvements early in development when modifications tend to have the biggest impact for the lowest cost.
- Create a searchable knowledge base of reliability-related information for your designs, which can contribute to the development of test plans, control plans, future design efforts and other activities.
- Comply with supplier or regulatory requirements while promoting analysis and data management processes that are efficient and effective, utilizing lessons learned from past analyses when applicable.
- Efficiently and effectively run FMEA team meetings.
- Avoid common mistakes experienced in industry and maximize buy-in from stakeholders.