D490 - Standards Based Reliability Prediction
Learn Reliability Prediction, Allocation and Derating Analysis
D490 provides an overview of standards based reliability prediction techniques, with an emphasis on the use of ReliaSoft’s Lambda Predict software to build and analyze system configurations in accordance with a published prediction standard (such as MIL-HDBK-217, Bellcore/Telcordia, NSWC, FIDES or Siemens SN 29500).
The course presents concepts and software tools that you could use to help your organization:
- Obtain an initial indication of whether a design will be able to meet reliability objectives and identify potential problem areas early in development.
- Compare design alternatives and/or trade-off system design factors.
- Consider environmental and other stress factors that have a significant impact on system performance yet may otherwise be overlooked.
- Overview of standards based reliability prediction
- Using Lambda Predict to build a system and generate
results/plots based on any of the major prediction standards:
- MIL-HDBK-217, Bellcore/Telcordia and FIDES (for electronic components)
- NSWC (for mechanical components)
- Allocation methods (such as Feasibility of Objective, AGREE, ARINC and others)
- Derating analysis to point out components that are over the established margin of safety
- Hands-on practice with the Lambda Predict software