G475 - FRACAS Principles and Applications
Learn Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action Systems ( FRACAS )
G475 introduces the fundamentals of Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS), with an emphasis on the configuration and use of ReliaSoft’s XFRACAS software for incident reporting, failure analysis, problem resolution and other related analyses. Topics include the FRACAS process, best practices, problem resolution methods and tailoring FRACAS to the needs of the business.
The course presents concepts and software tools that you could use to help your organization:
- Implement a closed-loop process for responding to reported failures, identifying the root cause of failure and coordinating the activities necessary to effectively resolve problems.
- Create a searchable knowledge base of lessons learned that can be a resource for customer support and future design efforts, as well as field failure data that can be analyzed to identify emerging issues, quantify reliability growth, plan for expected failures under warranty, etc.
Introduction and Overview of Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
- Common organizational issues addressed by FRACAS
- Definition, history and evolution of FRACAS
- Applications and benefits of FRACAS
The FRACAS Process
- Failure reporting steps/considerations
- Localized resolution considerations
- Failure analysis considerations
- Problem resolution process
Problem Resolution Methodologies
- The 8D (eight disciplines) problem resolution process
- The DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) problem resolution process
- The DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) problem resolution process
- DMADV (Define-Measure-Analyze-Design-Verify)
- IDOV (Identify-Design-Optimize-Validate)
FRACAS Best Practices
- Tailoring FRACAS to the needs of the business
- Defining the FRACAS process
- Data storage, use and reporting
- Data analysis
FRACAS Lessons Learned: Avoiding Failed Implementations
- Defining goals
- Potential issues
- Incident reporting
- User interface
- Other possible roadblocks to change
The course will conclude with hands-on practice using the XFRACAS software.