G522B - Simulation Modeling for Reliability and Risk Analysis
Learn Probabilistic Event and Risk Analysis Using Simulation
G522B focuses on the principles of probabilistic event and risk analysis using simulation techniques, with an emphasis on using ReliaSoft’s RENO software to graphically build simulations utilizing flowcharts. This course also explores advanced risk and reliability analysis methods through integration with analyses from other Synthesis applications including RBDs and/or fault trees created in BlockSim.
The course presents concepts and software tools that you could use to help your organization:
- Define a problem, conceptualize how to obtain a solution via simulation, implement the flowchart in RENO, validate the model and use plots and other metrics to analyze and visualize the simulation results.
- Perform sensitivity analysis to evaluate how key inputs will affect the results.
- Automatically estimate optimum values by performing multiple simulation runs.
Deterministic vs. Probabilistic Analysis
Introduction to Simulation
- History of Simulation
- Understanding Simulation
- Types of Analyses
Introduction to RENO
- Definition Objects
- Construct Objects
- Building Models
Basics of Risk/Decision Analysis
- General Models
- Event Trees
- Decision Trees
- Influence Diagrams
Applications of Quantitative Decision & Risk Analyses
- Probabilistic Design Concepts
- Optimizing Decisions Under Uncertainty
- Operational Readiness & Reliability
- Advanced Reliability Analysis Applications
- Maintenance Applications
- Financial Applications
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Investment Analysis