M480B - RCM Facilitation and Application Skills
Learn RCM Facilitation with Practical Team Exercises
The M480B training seminar uses case study examples to allow attendees to practice RCM facilitation and application skills. ReliaSoft's RCM++ software is used for data management and reporting.
M480B presents concepts and software that you could use to help your organization:
- Efficiently and effectively run RCM and FMEA team meetings.
- Avoid common mistakes experienced in industry and maximize buy-in from stakeholders.
The objectives for this training course are to help the attendee:
- Learn the key skills needed to facilitate successful meetings and RCMs.
- Gain experience in preparation for actual RCMs.
- Gain experience in application of best practice RCM procedures.
- Learn how to keep RCM meetings on point and rapidly moving towards the team objectives.
Detailed Course Outline
Effective RCM Facilitation
- Facilitator’s role
- Neutrality vs. team leadership
Effective Meeting Skills (with hands-on team exercises when applicable)
- Techniques for effective meetings
- Meeting norms
RCM Facilitation Skills (with hands-on team exercises when applicable)
- The rules of brainstorming
- Asking probing questions
- Encouraging participation
- Understanding personality types: introverts, extroverts and facilitators
- Active listening
- Encouraging or limiting discussion, switching gears
- Handling "war stories"
- Techniques for decision making
- Hallmarks of the consensus process
- Compromise vs. consensus
- Conflict management
- Healthy debates vs. dysfunctional arguments
- Healthy vs. unhealthy techniques
- Managing conflict approaches
- Facilitator interventions
- Managing time during RCMs
- Common facilitation problems
- No solution to high risk
- Meeting going off track
- Answer is not in room
- Answer will not be supported
RCM Facilitation Process (with hands-on team exercises when applicable)
- Determining the scope and timing of the project
- Establishing and training the RCM team
- Ensuring all pre-work is done before first meeting (ground rules & assumptions, gathering information)
- Performing RCM analysis
- Verifying RCM quality objectives
- Reviewing and approving critical supplier RCMs
- Verifying risk reduction is achieved
RCM Facilitator Workshop
- Participants break into RCM teams in order to complete a full RCM of a specific product
- "Real world" RCM supporting material is distributed to teams
- Bill of materials
- System level boundary diagram
- Customer requirements
- Trade-off analysis
- Functional/technical specifications
- Test plans from previous design
- Field data
- Reliability block diagram
- Each team sets up an RCM project in RCM++
- Each team performs the pre-work steps for the assigned RCM project
- Each team performs the RCM, with team members alternating as facilitators and using facilitation skills
- Each team reports progress at stages identified by the instructor
- Each team produces a final RCM report
- Wrap-up discussion and lessons learned