M480B - RCM Facilitation and Application Skills (on-site only)
Learn RCM Facilitation with Practical Team Exercises
The M480B training seminar uses case study examples to allow attendees to practice RCM facilitation and application skills. ReliaSoft's RCM++ software is used for data management and reporting.
M480B presents concepts and software that you could use to help your organization:
- Efficiently and effectively run RCM and FMEA team meetings.
- Avoid common mistakes experienced in industry and maximize buy-in from stakeholders.
The objectives for this training course are to help the attendee:
- Learn the key skills needed to facilitate successful meetings and RCMs.
- Gain experience in preparation for actual RCMs.
- Gain experience in application of best practice RCM procedures.
- Learn how to keep RCM meetings on point and rapidly moving towards the team objectives.
Detailed Course Outline
Effective RCM Facilitation
- Facilitator’s role
- Neutrality vs. team leadership
Effective Meeting Skills (with hands-on team exercises when applicable)
- Techniques for effective meetings
- Meeting norms
RCM Facilitation Skills (with hands-on team exercises when applicable)
- The rules of brainstorming
- Asking probing questions
- Encouraging participation
- Understanding personality types: introverts, extroverts and facilitators
- Active listening
- Encouraging or limiting discussion, switching gears
- Handling "war stories"
- Techniques for decision making
- Hallmarks of the consensus process
- Compromise vs. consensus
- Conflict management
- Healthy debates vs. dysfunctional arguments
- Healthy vs. unhealthy techniques
- Managing conflict approaches
- Facilitator interventions
- Managing time during RCMs
- Common facilitation problems
- No solution to high risk
- Meeting going off track
- Answer is not in room
- Answer will not be supported
RCM Facilitation Process (with hands-on team exercises when applicable)
- Determining the scope and timing of the project
- Establishing and training the RCM team
- Ensuring all pre-work is done before first meeting (ground rules & assumptions, gathering information)
- Performing RCM analysis
- Verifying RCM quality objectives
- Reviewing and approving critical supplier RCMs
- Verifying risk reduction is achieved
RCM Facilitator Workshop
- Participants break into RCM teams in order to complete a full RCM of a specific product
- "Real world" RCM supporting material is distributed to teams
- Bill of materials
- System level boundary diagram
- Customer requirements
- Trade-off analysis
- Functional/technical specifications
- Test plans from previous design
- Field data
- Reliability block diagram
- Each team sets up an RCM project in RCM++
- Each team performs the pre-work steps for the assigned RCM project
- Each team performs the RCM, with team members alternating as facilitators and using facilitation skills
- Each team reports progress at stages identified by the instructor
- Each team produces a final RCM report
- Wrap-up discussion and lessons learned