RS 575 Training Seminar
Introduction to Reliability Concepts, Principles and Applications
RS 575 provides a high-level overview of reliability engineering
concepts, principles and applications as they relate to the organization’s
bottom line. Topics include the purpose of a reliability program, metrics
and plots, accelerated testing concepts, system analysis concepts, FMEA
The course will be useful for both managers and practitioners who
may be new to reliability engineering.
- For managers, the course will help you understand how reliability
engineering impacts the financial strength of the organization and
how you can use the reliability analysis results to support decision-making.
- For practitioners, the course provides a good introduction to
the discipline, which can serve as a jumping-off point for additional
Purpose of a Reliability Program
Why Does Reliability Matter?
Reliability Engineering Concepts and Their Applications
- Applying reliability concepts.
- Defining, computing and understanding reliability metrics.
- Statistical concepts and distributions for reliability data
- Reliability predictions.
- Warranty forecasts.
- Understanding reliability specifications.
- Reliability comparisons.
- Understanding burn-in.
- Accelerated life testing concepts and models.
- Optimizing preventive, predictive and inspection intervals.
- System reliability concepts including RBD and Fault Tree constructs.
- Repairable system analysis: Maintainability and Availability
and Reliability Growth.
- Cost Analysis: Life Cycle Cost.
Introduction to FMEA Concepts
Introduction to FRACAS and Root Cause Analyses