Xfmea: Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis
FMEA and FMECA Software Tool
Expert support for all types of FMEA and FMECATM
ReliaSoft’s Xfmea software tool facilitates data management and reporting for all types of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis — FMEA — and Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis — FMECA. The software provides predefined settings to fit the major industry standards (such as AIAG, SAE J1739 and MIL-STD-1629A) and also provides extensive customization options to fit your particular analysis and reporting needs.
Xfmea provides centralized data storage to make it easy for multiple users to cooperate on FMEA projects. The software offers a flexible and powerful set of tools to help you:
- Record and manage data for current failure mode and effects analyses (FMEAs).
- Find and reuse relevant information from existing FMEAs.
- Evaluate risk via RPN or Criticality Analysis.
- Track the completion of recommended actions.
- Present the FMEA data via reports, queries and charts.
- Integrate the FMEA with related analyses, such as Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans and Test Plans.
With the release of Version 8, Xfmea analyses are stored in a centralized database that supports simultaneous access by multiple users and shares relevant reliability information between Synthesis-enabled software tools. For enterprise-level repositories, both Microsoft SQL Server® and Oracle® are supported.
ReliaSoft offers a five-day training seminar series that is composed of two sessions. RS 470 provides an overview of the fundamentals of effective FMEAs with hands-on practice using Xfmea for data management and reporting. RS 471 uses case study examples to allow attendees to practice FMEA facilitation and application skills.
Applications and Benefits
Some of the potential applications and benefits of performing FMEA and related activities with ReliaSoft's Xfmea software include the ability to:
- Proactively consider potential failures, prioritize issues based on risk and then initiate improvements early in development when modifications tend to have the greatest impact for the lowest cost.
- Create a keyword-searchable knowledge base of reliability-related
information for your designs, which can contribute to the development
of test plans, control plans, future design efforts and other activities.
- The software makes it easy to find and reuse information from existing analyses or predefined libraries.
- Establish consistency throughout the organization's FMEA process and make it easy for multiple users to cooperate on the analyses.
- Utilize charts, reports, automated e-mails and other features to use the analysis information in ways that will effectively support decision-making and make sure that corrective actions are implemented.