Last Service Release for Xfmea 1 or 2
This version has been retired. If you are considering an upgrade, please contact ReliaSoft for information on affordable upgrade pricing. If you need to download the last free service release or the last full product installation for the retired version, use the links below.
Last Compile Release Version:
Build Date: 10-Aug-2005
Download the Last Service Release
If you are a licensed user of this version and have a previous compile release version (CRV) installed, you can use the appropriate link below to download the last free Service Release.
- Single User Service Release - Xfmea 1 or 2 (12,822 KB)
NOTE: The upgrade from 1.0.X to 2.0.X is a MAJOR upgrade to the software that is being distributed FREE to all registered users. Users with previous versions (1.0.X) will not be able to open the database files (*.rsf) created with upgraded versions (2.0.X). In addition, you will be prompted to convert 1.0.X database files before opening them in the 2.0.X application. We recommend creating a backup of 1.0.X databases before converting to 2.0.X.
Download the Full Installation
If you are a licensed user of this version and have lost or misplaced your media, you can use the appropriate link below to download the last full product installation at no cost to you from ReliaSoft's Online Store.
Modifications and Enhancements:
The modifications/enhancements for each service release are described next. This information is also available in the ReadMe file that is installed with the software. The most recent service release (build) contains all previous modifications.
Note: The following list applies to Xfmea 1 and Xfmea 2 Standard modifications. Click here to see the list for Xfmea 2 Enterprise modifications.
- Resolved an issue with the way that Function records were displayed in the Worksheet view when only functions had been defined.
- Resolved an issue with saving the changes to the Item Properties window when only Design Engineer was changed.
- Resolved an issue with disabling the Delete command for items under specific circumstances.
- Resolved an issue with the label for the Revised Detection column in the AIAG version of the FMEA spreadsheet report.
- Modified the Process FMEA Severity rating scale that is shipped with the software to match the SAE J1739 guidelines more exactly and corrected a typo in the "Ford Auto MFMEA" Occurrence rating scale for the criteria when O=3.
- Resolved an issue with linking or attaching documents that have a modified date in an international format when the day is greater than 12.
- Modified the copy/paste functionality to be more resistant to intermittent network interruptions.
- Added the Cause RPN columns to the Actions filtered view, Actions (Summary) report and Actions (Detailed) report so that actions can be ranked by RPN.
- Added a new sample file that contains failure mode apportionment data from MIL-HDBK-338B.
- Updated the "Import from FMEAplus (F2F)" functionality to handle files that do not include row 013 (Program).
- Added the ability to select Chinese for the interface and libraries (requires the full installation).
- Performance enhancements to the "Compact and Repair Database" functionality.
- Resolved an issue with the user-defined fields in Effects reports.
- Resolved an issue with refreshing the RPN displayed in the Worksheet view when you open the Control Manager before saving a new Cause.
- Added some options to allow the user to configure the new Action Details report to change the orientation to Portrait, include additional FMEA record properties and/or omit the Action #, if desired. User Setup: Other
- Resolved an issue with page numbers in the headers of Word reports.
- Resolved an issue that was introduced with the installation of Microsoft's .NET Framework version 1.0 (SP3) or version 1.1 (SP1).
- Added the ability to create a separate report form for each individual action (select Action Details in the Report Generation window).
- Added the ability to specify a range of action numbers (e.g., 1-5) or multiple individual action numbers (e.g., 1, 4, 7) in the Query utilities.
- Additional performance enhancements for large data sets.
- Improvements to the ability to navigate the Worksheet view with keyboard shortcuts.
- Improved menus and toolbars with the ability to select the display style (User Setup: Other) and to customize.
- Added the Failure-Cause matrix, which displays the unique Causes in the analysis and the Failures that they are associated with. Select Attachments then Failure-Cause Matrix from the System Hierarchy menu or shortcut menu.
- Added a comprehensive template for importing/exporting an item's FMEA, which provides more data columns than the standard template. User Setup: Settings(2)
- Performance enhancements to further increase the speed when working with very large data sets.
- Added the ability to exclude hierarchical record numbers from filtered views, reports, etc. This will significantly reduce the time required to display very large data sets. User Setup: Settings(2)
- Added the ability to "turn off" the icons that are displayed in the FMEA hierarchy. This may be necessary for very large data sets because of limitations in Windows regarding the number of graphical elements that can be in memory at the same time. User Setup: Hierarchies
- Added the ability to use colored text to distinguish record types in the FMEA hierarchy. For example, Function descriptions are displayed in green text, Failure descriptions are displayed in red text, etc. User Setup: Settings(2)
- Modified the Copy Existing windows to increase the default width of description columns and to "remember" the user's preferred width settings.
- Resolved an issue with the Copy Existing Effects window when the Local and Next Level Effect description fields are enabled. Identical records are displayed only once.
- Added the ability to open the Links and Attachments window from within the DVP&R utility. Right-click inside the worksheet and select Open Links/Attachments from the shortcut menu.
- Added the ability to compact and repair library (*.lib) files. Select Database Tools from the Tools menu and then click Compact and Repair Library.
- Added the name of the selected item into the header for the FMEA hierarchy.
- Added the ability to translate the Xfmea interface into other languages.
- Added a "Bulk Add" option, which allows you to create multiple records at the same time based on descriptions from other records in the database and/or active phrase sets. To select multiple descriptions in the "Bulk Add" windows, press the Ctrl or Shift keys while clicking descriptions.
- Added the ability to display user-defined fields in the Worksheet view.
- Added a new window to the Worksheet view for editing the "Person Responsible" information for Action records.
- Added the ability to display additional lines of text in the FMEA Hierarchy, Worksheet and Filtered views. If "Show Full Description" is enabled (checked) within the View menu, then up to 20 lines of text will be displayed for the records in the FMEA Hierarchy. If the option is not enabled, then up to 4 lines of text will be displayed and any remaining text will be indicated with a plus (+) symbol.
- Added the ability to hide the record numbers in the System and FMEA Hierarchies. If the "Show Record Numbers column" options are not selected on the Hierarchies page of the User Setup, then the Item Name (instead of the #) will be displayed in the first column of the System Hierarchy and the Function, Failure, Effect and Cause Descriptions (instead of the #s) will be displayed in the first column of the FMEA Hierarchy.
- The shortcut menus that appear when you right-click the # columns in the System and FMEA Hierarchies (i.e. Expand, Collapse, etc.) are now available when you right-click the gray (row heading) areas on the left sides of the hierarchies.
- Added the ability to specify the displayed math precision for Criticality Analysis via the User Setup.
- Resolved an issue with the Comprehensive FMEA report style when Actions and Controls are disabled.
- Added the ability to type more than one line of text inside the first three user-defined fields for each record type.
- Modified the Report Generation window so that it now remembers the last FMEA Spreadsheet style that you selected.
- Performance enhancements to increase the speed when displaying large analyses, generating plots, generating reports, etc.
NOTE: This service release provides a significant upgrade to product features and functionality, including changes to the database structure. Users with previous versions (1.0.X) will not be able to open the database files (*.rsf) created with upgraded versions (2.0.X). In addition, you will be prompted to convert 1.0.X database files before opening them in the 2.0.X application. New features include:
- Up to five user-defined fields for every record type.
- Integrated Control Plan and Design Verification Plan (DVP&R) utilities.
- Ability to transfer data from a Design FMEA to a new Process FMEA.
- Ability to save and reuse database queries.
- Find and Replace utility.
- Ability to manually lock projects.
- Integrated process flow diagrams, cause and effect diagrams and other relationship diagrams.
- Ability to filter within Select Existing windows.
- Import Wizard, which combines query and import capabilities to make it easier to build new system configurations based on existing analyses.
- Ability to import system configuration data from Excel.
- A new Severity x Occurrence pareto chart, the ability to set bar colors based on priority definitions and the ability to apply priority colors to the matrix reports for Criticality Analysis.
- And more...
- Resolved an issue with deleting items from the System hierarchy when records in the FMEA hierarchy had focus.
- Resolved an issue with some international versions of Windows and the ability to detect the version number of the database.
- Improved the appearance of Criticality Analysis report output.
- Resolved an intermittent issue with the ability to open a database (*.rsf) by double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer.
- Added the ability to store URLs (e.g. http://www.ReliaSoft.com) as links in the Item Links and Attachments window.
- Resolved an issue with login secure databases when the database administrator attempted to change his/her username.
- Modified the New Xfmea Project window to prevent the user from deleting the selected Interface Style.
- Implemented modifications and enhancements to maintain consistency with Xfmea Enterprise edition. This includes the ability to view the associated FMEA records for Actions and Controls, the ability to import multiple projects at the same time, the ability to refresh the Project Explorer, increased flexibility for multiple users working on the same project, etc.
- Resolved an issue with the calculation of Effect, Failure, Function and Item RPNs when Actions or Controls were entered concurrently with Cause creation. To recalculate RPNs, select Database Tools from the Tools menu to open the Database Tools window. Click Compact & Repair Database then select the database with records to be recalculated and click Open to start the procedure.
- Added the ability to view records by type in the right panel of the Project window. For example, you can display a list of all Causes and sort them by Occurrence rating or RPN. You can display a list of all Actions and sort them by Due Date or Person Responsible, etc.
- Added the ability to highlight records based on priority. The new Priority page of the User Setup allows you to define the priority levels (high, medium and low) in terms of RPN or individual ratings.
- Added the "Copy Existing" button to the Item, Analysis, Failure, Effect and Cause properties windows.
- Added the ability to automatically "promote" and "demote" items in the System hierarchy. Promotion moves the item and all dependents to a higher level in the system configuration. Demotion moves the item and all dependents to a lower level in the system configuration.
- Added the ability to automatically renumber the items in the System hierarchy based on their positions in the hierarchy.
- Added a new chart to the Plot Viewer: Classification Pie.
- Added the ability to import data from *.F2F files (generated with Ford's FMEAplus software).
- Added a Query Utility that allows you to perform queries for items, functions, failures, effects, causes, controls and actions based on any of the record properties. Query results can be sent to Excel for further analysis and presentation.
- Added the ability to select individual items without selecting all sub-items when using the Plot Viewer, Check Analysis Utility and Report Generation Utility. This is also available for the new Query Utility.
- Added the ability to move records up or down within the FMEA hierarchy.
- Added the ability to edit the text in the Legend area at the bottom of the Plot Viewer utility.
- Addressed issues that occurred when regional settings within Windows were incompatible with the version of Microsoft Office (e.g., if the Microsoft Office version was English but the Windows regional settings were French). This affected the charts, check analysis, report generation and import/export with Excel.
- Initial Release.
Build 1.0.0 - Release Candidate
- Initial Release Candidate.