Project Management and Corrective Actions
Manage Related Problems Together and Track Progress
For project management at an even higher level, the Project page allows you to group multiple problems and manage them all together. This provides easy access to high-level statistics for all associated incidents and problems, such as the number of issues that are not yet resolved, how long the issue has been in the system, who is responsible for following up on specific assignments, etc.
Close the Loop on Corrective Actions
Throughout most of the XFRACAS user interfaces (including incidents, failure analysis, customer support, problems and projects), the system makes it easy to assign actions to specific personnel and track the progress. Some of the most useful capabilities include:
- Flexibility to capture all relevant details (including due date, person responsible, category, etc.).
- Option for automated e-mail notifications.
- Tools to track the progress and completion of assigned actions.
- Option to assign other individuals or groups to be notified about progress for a particular action and/or to approve the actions taken.
If a user changes teams or leaves the company, Version 10 now makes it easy to reassign incidents, problems, projects and/or actions.
Link or Attach Related Documents and Resources
Most XFRACAS user interfaces also incorporate a flexible Attachments feature that allows you to upload any type of file, or link to any relevant Internet/intranet site. You can also establish hyperlinks between related records within the XFRACAS system (e.g., if the same issue has been reported in two separate incidents). Although unlimited by default, the size and type of attachments can also be controlled if desired.
Easy Access to the Problems, Assignments and Messages of Interest to You
XFRACAS provides a personalized portal for each user (based on login) that displays system-wide messages and links. The portal provides an at-a-glance view of all the issues you need to work on, including:
- Incidents that you need to review.
- Actions (assigned tasks) that you need to complete.
- Problems that you need to work on.
- Projects that you are involved with.
- Issues that you need to review and sign off on.
It's easy to configure your portal to fit your own display preferences, including the option to schedule a report to run automatically each time you log in to the system! In Version 10, we've added the option to customize the task order to fit each user's personal preference.